MY DREAM JOB



 Written By Omeni Ifeanyi

MY DREAM JOB

You can hear the words in some specific places without even searching. They flow so easily from excited lips. From those who have completed one phase of life and are full of hopes that they will enter another season......perhaps a better one.


You hear it from the mouths of graduating students.

It is not an uncommon word amidst disgruntled employees.

It resounds amongst daydreamers who sit under mango trees and dream of greatness, without daring to lift a finger, even to pluck one mango fruit from the tree.

It may be a reality that comes through after years of dreaming....of hard work...or by divine favour.

Or a dream that remains elusive. Like a daydream.


‘I want to step into MY DREAM JOB,’ you hear many of the groups of people I have listed, say.


And so they sit around idly, like those waiting for the unknown and probably imaginary GODOT, hoping that the DREAM JOB falls easily on their laps.


Indeed a dream. For it seldom happens that way.


Nothing wrong in the desire to have that dream job. Many of us had that dream after we finished our academic pursuits. We hoped that the education we had acquired would be the gateway to that job that would bring luxury within reach.


For some it did happen. They landed DREAM JOBS and the other not- -so-lucky ones watched them, wondering why theirs was so elusive.


The questions that pour out are: What if the dream job does not come? What do I do? Sit idle, wishing and waiting?


Certainly not! That is laziness which is abhorred in any decent society. In the search for the desired dream job, you have to do something with your hands. The Holy Book admonishes that we do whatever our hands find to do (Ecclesiastes 9:10). Do not use the excuse of getting the dream job to drown in the sea of laziness. The one that does not work must not eat (II Thessalonians 3:10).

And one is tempted to ask: What is this DREAM JOB?


Oh! The response is not hard to find......A job that pays me a salary that will guarantee a life of luxury. A job that has so many perks like a driver, a car, domestic staff, spiced with a dream home, holidays to exotic places............just fill in the blanks.


And when that job seems elusive as the elixer, the dreamer chooses to fulfil the prophecy that people of that kind are lazy.


Why can’t I create my own DREAM JOB? Is the new question that pops in my mind.


I always dreamt of working in a particular company which is the dream of many young school leavers. I did everything to work there but my efforts fell to pieces before my eyes. 


Then I reached within me and discovered the treasures within.

 

And trust me, I cannot exchange my life as THE A(Author), C(Communication Coach) E(Editor) PROFESSIONAL for that company or anyone that pays a FATTER SALARY. 


I am absolutely fulfilled!


When I see a client excited at a flawlessly edited manuscript.

When my students pass their examinations.

When the faces of the people I train and motivate glow with appreciation.

When my books and writings receive rave reviews.

When my CREATIVITY makes a positive impact on the lives of people around.


What could be DREAMIER than that?


You too can create your own DREAM JOB.


I see a new generation of people rising.


Those who will not succumb to the magnetic pull of laziness.


Those who will look within them, uncover the world of creativity that resides there to create work and contribute to their nation's economic growth.


Who will not use THE DREAM JOB slogan to justify idleness.


Who will engage in honest labour and debunk the theory of a lazy generation.


I see them everywhere. Are you one of them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING MISTAKES EFFECTIVELY!

Robert t. kiyosaki exceptional business quotes.

This Is Why You Are Not Getting Opportunities