ANGER AND OFFENSES



 ANGER AND OFFENSES 

Written By Michael Chidiebere Ituma

I am that one person who doesn't take delight in making a big show of madness at any slightest point of offense. 


In fact, my stance on the issue of picking offenses at people, being practically overly angry, and eventually turning destructive is rather too twisted than should be normal. 


I have had to unlearn the attitude of getting excessively mad at people's offensive behaviours towards me because I had discovered that I would always be on the hurting end if a fight followed. 


For many, that may sound cowardly and ridiculous, but for me, that's my perfect weapon. 


So when I see people who have anger and arsonism in their DNA, I don't get too surprised because I have observed people and learnt so much about human behaviours. 




I have seen people who boil so furiously in anger so much so that they can kill their offenders within seconds of default. 


I have seen people who dig a piece of broken bottle into the head of their offender. Not to even think of those who go as far as using a machete or an axe to butcher their fellow human beings all in the name of being offended. 


Look, this thing called anger is often times way, too overrated. 




The people who amuse me a lot are those who excuse and disguise their mischievous actions and their eventual aftermath with and in being carried away with anger. 


And I often get confused how one can control ones impulse in the face of dangers like accident or thread carefully with electricity but not be able to control ones emotions of anger and offenses. I just wonder. 




Are you the kind that gets overly angry at the slightest of offenses? You need to rewire your approach towards curbing it. It is not a good thing at all. 


Being overly angry comes with its own peril and repercussions. It blinds you to not see that the person you're raging to eliminate is your fellow human being. 


Even more, it rips you off your sense of humanity. Worse still, you're not certain if you're on the safer side if a fight follows. You could die. You could kill your offender. You could go to jail. Your entire family could be nipped in the mud. 




There is a truth one needs to know about offenses and resultant anger. 


The show of anger as an expression of having been offended is not in itself a bad thing. Even God gets angry at our senseless and mischievous attitudes. But the thing is, your anger should be controllable. 


It is understandable to want to respond impulsively when you've been offended. You may even have all the right to retaliate. But your anger should be controlled rather than fanned. 


How you control it is best known to you. What is pertinent is the need to curb the tendency of flaring up at every point of offense. Unless, of course, you're an avenger (which you're not). 




Personally, my way of dealing with offenses (it happens once in a blue moon, though) is by snubbing. 


I keep quiet and say nothing. Even though I feel the impulse and the nudge to react, I always choose to ignore offenders. But I'll make sure you receive your own side of the coin by snubbing you to the core. 


I will so snub the person that he or she begins to feel sorry for him/herself. This does not mean I keep malice nor does it suggest that I bear grudges. It's just my weapon to help keep me sane while the whole drama lasts. 


This is me. You mechanism could be different. What is important is that you try as much as you can to curb the habit of getting readily offended and eventually flaring up in anger. 




Be a coward if you must. Be dumb if you must. Run for your dear life if you must. Many has been killed because of their raging anger. Some are in jail. Others are in terrible physical conditions. 


Be angry, but not overly. 


React, but be gentle in doing so. 


Be wise. Be guided. Don't be mad. 


I'm concerned with your Positivity. 


Be Positive. 


... 

#Heartbeat_Wednesday 

#Wednesday_series

#Diary_of_Glory 

... 


Michael Chidiebere Ituma

T  H  E   K  I  N  G   W  R  I  T  E  R


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING MISTAKES EFFECTIVELY!

Robert t. kiyosaki exceptional business quotes.

This Is Why You Are Not Getting Opportunities