WHEN I WAS A KID

 


WHEN I WAS A KID 

Written By Chukwuebuka Paul,  A Member For 

Phronesis Readers Club 

.

.

I don't know who needs to read this, but please don't skip a line if it's for YOU! 

.

.

.

When I was kid, I loved my parents a lot. I didn't care what was going on around me. Their presence alone gave me all the joy and protection I needed. 


Each time they came to pick me in school, I would always walk happily to them because I'm sure of Ice cream and puff-puff plus the fact that I have someone to share all the crazy and funny things that happened in class that day with. 


But after highschool, I started seeing them differently. I noticed most of their clothes were looking faded and sometimes torn. I'm usually ashamed each time I'm seen with them 

(when they are not dressed for a function)


Their gist are of the old, so I get uncomfortable each time they try to bring in a joke or contribution to the conversation I'm having with my friends. 


And also they can hardly construct a good English sentence and it makes me shy and uncomfortable when we are outside or hanging out in the open.

.

.

.

Did I actually forget how I was attracted to them when I was little because of their heart and not their wears? 


How come I despise walking confidently with them today, I thought I did brag in primary school when they visited?


Now in the University, the only time I even call them is when I need money. 


Wait, what happened to me? 

How did I grow to become this way? 


I'm sure their love for me didn't allow them notice all this attitude, but deep down my heart I feel guilty. 


Mom and Dad, I love you all...

.

.

.

If this is you, please endeavor to send your parents a text today or call if you still can.


Appreciate them for their love and how they still manage to send you funds in school despite how hard the economy is.


NB: You won't have much time to do this again, soon you will be too busy with work and the only time you will have will be Christmas and Easter breaks, which you might prefer to spend with your spouse and kids... 


Don't procrastinate!


Send them a text of Appreciation right away!


Your text can make them face today with so much joy. 




#phronesisreadersclub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING MISTAKES EFFECTIVELY!

Robert t. kiyosaki exceptional business quotes.

This Is Why You Are Not Getting Opportunities