PAIN



 Written By Michael Chidiebere Ituma 


PAIN

In 2007, I had pricked my right foot over a piece of nail on a shattered woodwork somewhere in the neighborhood. I had thought it would be business as usual, I thought it would be the same old story - letting the wound heal all by itself - because there was not even a visible wound; just a tiny piercing that caused me a sharp pain. 

At that time I was in elementary four. Truth be told, I am the kind of person whose wounds heal within couple of days of injury. Like my wounds heal at an amazing speed. So I didn't quite give as much as a thought about a long term injurious situation. 

Unfortunately for me the injury developed into something I never expected, into some sort of infected wound, some sort of decay even. I couldn't place the foot verily on the ground. I literally leaped. Any slight attempt I made pressing the foot against the ground sprouted so much pain and trauma. I would cringe and leap instead. 

Days ran into weeks, weeks into months. I saw this thing that came to life as a tiny piercing under my foot turn into a monster aiming to take my right foot away forever. I couldn't play with friends (I was a playful type - I still am). I would just sit in class and cry my heart out. But that didn't help me in any way. Then after school had dismissed for the day, I would leap home, each step I took causing so much pain. 

The situation got worse by the day. I would cry all night. I would caress the ruptured part of the wound. I wished and wished, and wished that the wound would heal and I would have my foot back. But wishes weren't just enough. It got to a point when even leaping caused such a pain that resonated in my head with each step I took. 

God be praised! The ruptured wound was pierced open by my dad. Purse and blood spilled over. That was the beginning of freedom. That was the beginning of a new age for me. The wound healed gradually and soon I had my foot back. 

Reminds me of February 2020, the first time in my life I ever had to undergo surgery. I had come down with a ruptured appendix in September 2019. After a few months of trying to suppress the something I had to cave in when it almost took my life one of those weeks in 2020.

The day I was slated for surgery was on a Thursday. I can't forget that day. I thought I had felt pain in life until that day crept in. There was this fear in me about the surgery because of the things I've heard about surgical operations. I didn't want a surgery. I wasn't just cut out for that level of pain and anguish. But I needed to be alive, and appendectomy was the only remedy. 

.

Set for the surgery, I set my mind in motion for the journey. Lying helplessly on the couch, my eyes full of hope and patience, the surgeon tore through my belly. I felt the blade tearing me open. I felt the surgeon's fingers roaming inside of me like a lost sheep. I felt his hands pulling my intestines while he searched for the ruptured appendix. 

That day was the day I learnt that I had nine lives. For close to an hour, the surgeon couldn't place his hands on the appendix. I lost strength. I could not cry. I couldn't scream neither. I just moaned and moaned, groaned and groaned. At a point I felt death closing in on me. I reached out for dad's hand and held him tightly. I wanted to feel the presence of a family member for my supposed last few moments. 

Bless God I scaled through. But that didn't spare me a second dose of the after-surgery pains. That night was literally hell for me. Although the surgeon had stitched up my belly after the operation, I still felt his experienced fingers touching this part and that part of my intestines. It wasn't funny, it wasn't at all. But I scaled through. I learnt my lessons. I reached a new feat. 

I was discharged after seven days, and as usual, the stitched wound from the opening on my belly healed really fast. I tell you truth, if I could survive the pain that came with that surgery, I can survive just anything on earth. 

Dear friend, pain brings you gain. 


It is true it takes something away from you. But it also gives you something in return. 


The pain of roaming the streets to hustle for food will bring you gain. 


The pain of bending down to study hard while in the University will take away your peaceful sleeps, your partying, your fun moments. But it will give you excellence in return. 


The pain of being caged and overly policed by your parents will give you the kind of freedom that comes with maturity. 

PAIN BRINGS GAIN... 


Although it takes something away from you, it gives you something better in return. 


Positive pain is a sacrifice. Don't be afraid of pain, it is only a sacrifice. Every sacrifice yields good tidings. For every good seed you sow you reap plenty of that same seed. 

Don't be afraid to take the surgical challenge if your life depends on it. There must be pain for you to gain back your health. 


Don't be afraid of depriving yourself youthful gratification. It is the painful sacrifice you have to make so that your future will be secured. 


WISDOM IS PROFITABLE...for your destiny to come true. 


PAIN BRINGS GAIN...although it takes something away from you, it gives you something better in return. 

I'm concerned with your Positivity. 


Be Positive. 


#Nnannaya

#Heartbeat_Wednesday

#Wednesday_series

#Diary_of_Glory

Michael Chidiebere Ituma 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING MISTAKES EFFECTIVELY!

Robert t. kiyosaki exceptional business quotes.

This Is Why You Are Not Getting Opportunities