IT'S A MINUS

 


IT'S A MINUS

Writtwn By Michael Chidiebere Ituma


At 2:43 AM when I'm supposed to be dozing in bed I'm awake, musing over this thing and feeling so much pity for the people you call loved ones. 


.

.


I'm not concerned because it is my problem nor am I concerned because it is my life. From all indications, the life is legitimately yours and no one has the right to own it, to live it but you. 


.

.


But you see brother. It's a minus for you to want to live your youthfulness to the extreme, exploring this negative thing, and exploring that mischievous behaviour. 


.

.


It is a minus, sister, for you to want to live the full episode of your youthful life digging beyond the limits of the grounds upon which you stand, the grounds that will soon collapse. 


.

.


It is such a minus to decide that all you want to do is smoke your life to disaster. Such a minus to want to live your youthfulness as a chain smoker. 


.

.


It is a minus to decide that all you want to do in life is leap from one woman to the other. Sleeping with this lady this night, and switching unto some other lady entirely another night. Such a minus to want to have it all to yourself, all the women in the world, in your very prime.


.

.


It is a minus for you to, of all legitimate means of making money, decide to defraud people, whatever be your family background, status or your reasons regardless. A big minus it is. 


.

.


It is a minus to live the life of the married yet you're but a teenager, a little bit more than 18, a young adult less than 25. It's a minus for you to prioritize sexual activeness over productivity as young and full of strength as you are. 


.

.


It is a minus to want to be a young mother outside wedlock. Such a minus to want to subject an innocent child to a situation of unprepared parenthood. Such a minus to want to increase the number of unwanted children in a world as challenged as one we now live in. 


.

.


How many more discrepancies can I count? Obnoxious things that will cost your future and the peace of the people around you is what you take delight in doing. Things that will give your parents high blood pressure are what gives you joy. Living the life of a party is what keeps your balling rolling. 


.

.


You would prefer that your poor mother spends the penny that is supposed to serve you, your siblings, and herself food for several weeks at a police station bailing you on accounts of theft, rape, fradulence, cultist, to respecting yourself, and living a life worthy of commendation. 


.

.


They are all minus - whatever mischievous things you do - to both yourself, your loved ones, and the society at large. I don't care your reasons. You may pretend to be ignorant of the law but that does not change the fact that you bear with you, wherever you go in life, the will to choose to either do good or do evil. 


.

.


They are all minus because they add nothing of value to your life, your personality. They are all minus because they will hunt you down in the future. They are all minus because they will give your loved ones sleepless nights, headaches, and heartbreak. They are all minus because they deprive you of life's beautiful sides, because they will nip you in the mud. 


.

.


I have said it before and will reiterate it. I'm not concerned because it is my problem nor am I concerned because it is my life. I am concerned because evil legacies are corrosive, they are viral in nature. I am concerned because if I keep quiet as you want me to, one way or the other, it will reach my unborn children, my would-be great-grandchildren. 


.

.


When I write about things like this I do so not because I want to create another amazing article but because I have seen things in life as young as I am and I have discerned what I want to do with the rest of my life. 


.

.


Therefore when you live all your minus of a life, try to remember how much discrepancies you accumulate for the ones you claim to love, for they are the ones to bear your heavy cross when your dark days eventually arrive. 


.

.


Be wise, be guided. If you're young, learn from other people's mistakes, lives. You may not live long enough to make all the mistakes in life so as to learn from every one of them. 


.

.


I'm concerned about you. 


Be Positive. 


.

.

Michael Chidiebere Ituma

 T  H  E   K  I  N  G   W  R  I  T  E  R

march, 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING MISTAKES EFFECTIVELY!

Robert t. kiyosaki exceptional business quotes.

This Is Why You Are Not Getting Opportunities