DON'T HELP YET

 


DON'T HELP YET

Written By Chinwendu Nneamaka


I stood at the junction, waiting to board a tricycle (Keke) to get home. The pressure of the sun had written on my forehead; tiredness, hunger, and eagerness to embrace my bed. After such a long day, I deep sleep and Mum would call my name later to ensure I'm spirit present.


.

.

"Good evening Aunty." The voice came from behind. It was a young man begging for ₦200 to buy bread. According to him, he'd stayed unemployed after graduation because of his condition and he's still hoping to get money to learn a skill.


.

.

I looked at him for a while, running in my head the difference between a man in need and one out to defraud me. I've heard stories of people begging and scamming people, I just wanted to be careful.


.

.

"Where are you from?" I asked. He answered shyly, crouching his head to resist eye contact. Perhaps, he didn't want to beg. I felt pity for him. For a young man to assemble this courage to beg, the situation was really bad. So, I dipped my hands into my bag, brought out some amount of money, and slipped them into his hand. He thanked me profusely and opted to carry my bag till I get a vehicle as a way to show his gratitude.


.

.

"Don't bother, someone, somewhere, might need your help too," I said. He smiled and thanked me again.


.

.

A few minutes later,  I stopped a vehicle and waved him goodbye. I couldn't get him off my mind. Despite his amputated left hand, he didn't assume liability. He wanted a job but get judged at first sight. I hope he gets enough money to learn a skill.


.

.

My point anyway, there's joy and fulfillment when you allow yourself to be a channel of blessing to others. God had used people you called strangers to bless you before and there are still people out there waiting for you to bless them too. 


.

.

Please, go ahead and help. Judge less, be optimistic and learn to reciprocate the goodness of God. If you help those in need, God will create help for you when you least expected. Don't wait till you get millions before you help, your little act of kindness can save a life.


Givers never lack. Luke 6:38


.


P.S. I know this is entirely off but I didn't know my girlfriend looks this beautiful without a wig on. Fine girl.

Chinwendu Nneamaka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING MISTAKES EFFECTIVELY!

Robert t. kiyosaki exceptional business quotes.

This Is Why You Are Not Getting Opportunities