Doing The Right Thing Even When The Costs Huge


Burkley Carthage here,
Hi Buddies 
😍😜😝

Following an accident a couple of years ago, I couldn’t work for a few weeks. 

🤖🕵🗣

This gave me plenty of thinking time, during which, I came up with several changes I wanted to make to the way I do things.

Among these changes, I decided to turn my one website into two.

Along with Coaching Positive Performance, I now have Live Your True Story.

When I started Coaching Positive Performance, I approached it like a personal blog where I wrote about whatever I felt like.

Over time, it became a business covering two distinct areas – Productivity and Performance, and Confidence and Communication.

Three of my core values are clarity, focus and service.

As it was, the website had the following problems:

  • There was not enough focus on any one area
  • Because there was no focus, it was unclear what the site was about
  • Readers received poor service as they were regularly receiving emails about articles which were too far removed from the topic they signed up for.

So, I decided to make the change.

This change came at a huge cost to me in the following ways:

  • By the time it was finished, it took me the best part of 6 weeks which is time that could have been used on work which generated income for me
  • Having moved 140 articles to a new site, they initially attraced over 1,500 less visitors per day as they dropped in the search rankings.
  • The loss of 1,500 visitors per day meant less people signing up for my emails and, less people purchasing products, so the financial cost was significant.

Despite all of this, I truly believed that I did the right thing. 

Instead of one confusing website, I now have two websites which are clear, focused and; offer better service to the end user.

In the time since, my website traffic returned and grew further so, I was rewarded for my risk.

I firmly believe that when you live true to your values, you will do the right thing.

If you are unclear about your values, check out Values Based Living.

Have a fantastic day,

Carthage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MANAGING MISTAKES EFFECTIVELY!

Robert t. kiyosaki exceptional business quotes.

This Is Why You Are Not Getting Opportunities